- This event has passed.
SPARK: Preparing for the Next Wave of Technology Disruption
August 14, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm MDT
Preparing for the Next Wave of Technology Disruption is a presentation and discussion exploring the future of technology and how we can best embrace it.
Presentation by Kevin Mayo, Director of Cyber Security and Enterprise Architect for Cerium Networks. Kevin has been in the Enterprise network for two decades and maintains more than 40 IT certifications including CISSP, CISM, CCNP, and MCITP. Mr. Mayo is also a certified IT instructor where among his many classes, his Cloud Architecture Foundations course on the Cybrary online learning platform has received rave reviews and has been viewed by thousands of students.
Ethical Technology and Trust
- Disruption and Remote Workforce has presented an opportunity to gain or lose trust
- Trust has become a business-critical goal to be pursued and not as compliance or public relations
- Organizations and their business leaders are revaluating their products, services and the decisions they make to build trust.
Finance and the Future of IT
- Technology strategy has increasingly become a core part of business strategy in organizations as the demand for improved outcomes as grown.
- IT and finance leaders working together to develop flexible approaches for innovating and operating at the speed of agile.
- Transitioning to new finance, budgeting, and accounting processes that support innovation.
- Digital Twins are virtual replicas of physical devices that data scientists and IT pros can use to run simulations before actual devices are built and deployed.
- How Digital Twins are changing how technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT), and analytics are optimized.
Human Experience Platforms
- Emotion AI – the ability to leverage emotionally intelligent platforms to recognize and use emotional data at scale is one of the biggest, most important opportunities for companies going forward.
Technology Architecture Redefined
- Technology architecture is more strategically important than ever.
- The shift it to move the most experienced technologists and architects to where they are needed the most – into software development teams that are designing complex technology.
Cerium Networks provides a full suite of collaboration, networking, data center and security solutions. Using industry-leading technology Cerium Networks help businesses across the Pacific Northwest plan and realize the positive impact of technology on their business operations, strategies and user experience.
The Idaho Technology Council’s Spark Series is a monthly recurring event with presentations given by tech professionals on issues related to current needs and methodologies. The series is provided at no cost and is hosted by Perkins Coie.