- This event has passed.
Credit Matters: Know Your Score and More
March 17 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm MDT
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Mar 17, 2021
Your credit score can affect the interest rates you’re offered on loans and whether you’ll be considered for certain jobs. Your credit score can even affect your insurance rates. So how do you build and manage credit? This topic isn’t usually taught in schools or discussed at the family dinner table, leaving most of us to try to figure things out on our own. We hope we’ll get it right.
But hope is not a financial strategy. Our best intentions can sometimes lead to costly mistakes or misinformation that limit our personal and business opportunities. Learn how to take control of your credit by attending this complimentary workshop.
In this complimentary one-hour, virtual workshop using Teams technology, you will learn about:
- Different types of credit and the cost of credit
- What goes into a credit score
- Where to access your credit report
- How to identify and dispute errors
- When and why you might need a credit freeze
- How financial institutions and others use credit data for decisions
- Good habits you can begin today to improve your situation
Cost: Complimentary, but you must register to reserve a virtual seat
Register: via Eventbrite or call 208 501-7573