The Idaho Technology Council is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Director of Development
The Idaho Technology Council (ITC) is a private sector group focused on building a knowledge based economy in Idaho and the region and helping technology companies in Idaho start, grow, and thrive. ITC is the voice for industry to help grow specific objects with innovation, talent, access to capital, and the commercialization of ideas. Currently representing technology companies, the Council has a Director of Development position open focused on the ITC value proposition, to help grow membership, focus on retention, event sponsorship and add overall value to current ITC members. The Council is looking for an energetic, innovative business development professional to articulate Council benefits, build relationships and help grow Idaho’s technology community.
- Identifying, qualifying and the sale of business/organization-based memberships through a combination of networking, cold calling and sector/industry research.
- Identifying, qualifying and the sale of annual and event sponsorship opportunities to existing members, particularly the ITC Hall of Fame.
- Responsible for identifying corporate decision makers and setting appointments to introduce the Idaho Technology Council and its value and benefits to prospective members. Also identifying and articulating how ITC can be an asset to Idaho’s technology organizations through ITC’s events, initiatives, public policy, marketing channels and networking opportunities.
- Follow up on existing ITC leads that have been worked, but not closed.
- Capture all sales and prospecting activity in the Council’s CRM. Prepare weekly, quarterly and annual reports for the executive team and the Council’s Executive Committee.
- Responsible for retaining the new memberships sold with periodic check-ins through the year.
- Focus on ITC renewals that are past due and establish a system to help with upcoming renewals for the next three months
- Represent the Idaho Technology Council at industry events and Council events in pursuit of new members, existing member retention and organization brand recognition.
- Promote, attend and staff ITC events.
- Attend and staff the ITC booth at internal and external events.
- Time allocation: 45% New Member development, 25% Retention, 20% Event Sponsorship, 10% Assigned Tasks around talent, access to capital, Tech2Market.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Sales proficiency with strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Knowledge of and established relationships within Idaho’s technology community.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, CRM experience for tracking leads and sales growth, and using web-based applications for business development research and communication with technology leaders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Trade association experience preferred, but not required.
- Travel mostly throughout Idaho. 20% of time. Valid driver’s license.
The Director of Development Position will report to Jay Larsen, President & CEO of Idaho Technology Council
Email all inquiries to Christina Slaughter email@example.com
*With the Subject Line: Director of Development Position Applicant
Include: Cover Letter, Resume, and references (3 professional and 2 personal)