Jay Larsen is the founder of the Idaho Technology Council (ITC), leading initiatives and coordinating events that help Idaho technology companies start, grow, and thrive. An Idaho native, Jay is passionate about promoting positive community and economic growth within Idaho, working to provide industry leaders and entrepreneurs resources. As CEO of the ITC, Jay works to provide the member driven organization with a talent pipeline, access to capital, and a path to commercialization. Accomplishments the ITC has achieved under Jay’s leadership include:
- Idaho’s Annual Deal Flow Report – outlining Idaho’s annual investments, mergers, and acquisitions to attract investors and new businesses to Idaho
- Computer Science and Higher Education Initiative – working to ensure computer science programs are available in K-12 schools
- Led coalition representing Idaho technology members to Idaho policymakers amending legislation to clarify Idaho cloud services are a nontaxable service in Idaho
- Tech2Market and R&D Commercialization- supporting industry research, increasing intellectual property, and strengthening commercialization efforts through grants and funding
- Idaho Triangle of Innovation- connecting the three distinct regions of the state
Jay is committed to the success of Idaho’s technology ecosystem and is an active board member of some of Idaho’s most innovative organizations, including;
- Idaho Workforce Development Council
- Idaho Strategic Energy Alliance
- Boise State University CS Industry Advisory Board
- Boise State University Foundation Board
- Boise State University College of Business and Economics Industry Advisory Board
- INBRE Advisory Board
- Idaho K-12 CS Leadership Team
After earning his bachelors from Brigham Young University, Jay returned to the City of Trees to complete his Masters at Boise State University. Jay’s passion for technology began in the telecommunications field, where he led US WEST Cellular, AirTouch Cellular, and Verizon Wireless through several mergers and acquisitions. After managing teams across the Western United States, Jay transitioned from Qwest Communications to join the U.S. Congress as the Director of Economic Development. It is in this role that Jay found his passion for helping further Idaho talent and the development of innovation.
For nearly a decade Jay has followed his passion, devoting his fulltime work into promoting positive community and economic growth in Idaho. Jay lives in Boise with his wife Angie and his Jack Russell Bella.
Heidi J. Jarvis-Grimes
Vice President of Development
Heidi J. Jarvis-Grimes is the Vice President of Development at the Idaho Technology Council (ITC). Heidi brings together investors and members, providing a partnership to champion the growth Idaho’s technology ecosystem. Heidi oversees:
- Industry Investors- growing and connecting Idaho’s industry leaders
- Tech2Market partnerships with higher education- connecting industry technology leaders and Idaho educators.
- Provides Capital Connecting opportunities for ITC members and investors throughout Idaho connecting technology leaders in Idaho’s three distinct regions, through the Triangle of Innovation.
Heidi joined the ITC with more than 20 years of experience in business development, strategic initiatives and industry relations. Prior to joining the ITC, Heidi served as Director of Advancement for the College of Arts and Letters and Strategic University Initiatives at Idaho State University (ISU). In this role, her leadership increased visibility for ISU, grew the donor prospect pipeline, and created strong relationships with industry. Under her leadership, ISU launched many sustainable relationships that support university research and program initiatives.
After graduating from the University of Dayton, Heidi started her career as Executive Director for the Washington/Idaho Symphony. She then served as Director of External Relations in Advancement for Research in addition to Corporate and Foundation Relations. Heidi also served on the Executive Board of the Center for Environmental, Research, Education and Outreach Committee at Washington State University before transitioning to Idaho State University.
Heidi lives in Boise with her husband Howard and their companion yellow lab, Buzz. Heidi and Howard enjoy skiing, biking, and hiking in the great Idaho outdoors….and of course they bring along Buzz.
Christina is a graduate of Boise State University, and brings more than twenty years of management experience to the ITC. Prior to joining the ITC, she was a News Producer at KIVI 6 On Your Side, and has held management and training positions at both Micron Technology and Directv. With her background in communication, management, and training, she champions the growth of Idaho’s technology ecosystem as the collective voice of ITC’s member driven organization.