- This event has passed.
Energy, Tariffs & the New NAFTA: What It Means for Idaho
December 3, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Idaho Clean Energy Association, Consulate General of Canada-Seattle, and CleanTech Alliance Event
The Idaho Clean Energy Association, Consulate General of Canada-Seattle, and CleanTech Alliance are presenting a luncheon opportunity to engage in a conversation with notable industry and government representatives to discuss energy in Idaho, tariffs, and the newly created United States Mexico Canada (USMCA) trade agreement.
- Chanel Tewaltis Chief Operating Officer/Communications at the Idaho Department of Agriculture.
- Rick Naereboutis CEO of the Idaho Dairymen’s Association. Rick has been with the Idaho Dairymen’s Association for over 15 years, assisting with the Association’s environmental, legal, economic, legislative and stewardship efforts. The IDA is a progressive association that represents all of Idaho’s nearly 500 dairy farms.
- Daniel Kiselbachis National Trade Advisory Leader and a Tax Partner with Deloitte Tax Law LLP practicing in the areas of international trade, customs and commodity tax. His work includes providing legal counsel before all levels of Canadian courts, as well as international courts and tribunals. Daniel has also completed Parts I and II of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants In-Depth Tax Course.
- Leif Elgethun is CEO ofRetrolux, an energy efficiency software company with customers across the US and in Canada in addition to 10 years experience in solar PV development and installation. As Founding President of the Idaho Clean Energy Associationhe will share case studies from ICEA members on challenges and opportunities for industry with Trump’s new trade policies.
- Moderator: Jen Schneider is a Professor in the School of Public Service at Boise State University, where she is also the Director of the PhD in Public Policy and Administration. Her research addresses challenges in the public communication of scientific and environmental controversies, with a particular focus on industry rhetoric and discourses of technical expertise.
Luncheon Cost: $30 for members for members of the Idaho Clean Energy Association or the CleanTech Alliance. $35 for non-members.
Supporting Sponsors: Boise Chamber of Commerce, Idaho Technology Council, U.S. Export Assistance Center
There will also be a networking reception at the Payette Brewery at 5 p.m. Dec 3rd in support of the Idaho Clean Energy Alliance. All are welcome to come! Meet ICEA and CleanTech Alliance members and Consulate representatives.